Last Updated: April 23, 2021
This Platform facilitates your ability to efficiently manage political campaigns and organizations. The pages on our Platform may be created by individuals or groups (“page creators”), or campaigns. By using this Platform, you acknowledge and agree that when you use this Platform, we do not control how these page creators, and campaigns use or share your information.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
CN collects information from you and about you. Here are some examples of the information we may collect:
• Contact Information. For example, we may collect your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address. We may also collect your mobile phone number.
• Information You Submit. We may collect information when you send us a message through the “Contact Us” page or similar features on our Platform. We may also collect information when you enter a promotion. This may include photos, videos and other user-generated content that you submit. Some political campaigns that use our Platform may ask you to submit other types of miscellaneous information. This may include various petitions, forms, and surveys.
• Device Information. For example, we may collect the type of device you use to access our Platform. We may also collect your device identifier, IP address, or operating system.
• Other Information. In addition, if you use our Platform, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
CN collects your information in different ways. Below are some examples of how we may collect your information.
• Directly From You. For example, when you:
Sign up to receive promotional communications.
Sign up for a candidate’s, campaign’s, or organizations newsletter.
Submit a request to our customer service team.
• Passively. For example, we may passively collect information when you visit and navigate our Platform on any device. We may also collect information about users over time and across different websites and devices when you use the Platform. Third parties also collect personal information this way on our Platform.
• From Third Parties. We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, this may include receiving information from:
Our business partners. This may include Data Trust or similar organizations, our online advertising networks, analytics vendors, companies that co-sponsor our promotions, campaigns, or other political contribution sites.
Social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat and Instagram.
Third-party sites, including those that allow you to integrate your third-party account with your CN account.
• By Combining Information. For example, we may:
Combine information that we collect offline with information we collect through our Platform.
Combine information we collect about you from the different devices you use to access our Platform.
Combine information we get from third parties with information we already have about you.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Examples of how we may use your information include:
• To Respond to Your Requests or Questions. This may include responding to your feedback or notifying you if you about updates to the platform.
• To Communicate With You. We may communicate with you about your account or our relationship. We may also contact you about this Policy or our Platform terms and conditions. Page creators or campaigns that use our Platform may also contact you.
• For Marketing Purposes. We might use your information to serve you ads about specific candidates or remind you to make or complete a contribution. We might tell you about new features or updates. We, our partners, or page creators, or campaigns, may also use your information to send you electronic communications, including through email or text message. This may include reminders if you visit the Platform, but do not make a contribution. We and our partners may engage in interest-based advertising using information gathered across multiple websites, devices, or other platforms. For more information about your choices related to these communications, see the Choices section below.
• For Security Purposes. This could include protecting our company and consumers who use our products and services. It may also include protecting our Platform.
• As Otherwise Permitted By Law or As We May Notify You.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information in the following ways:
• Internally. We may share your information within CN and with our parent companies and subsidiaries, and they may use and share your information as described in this Policy.
• With Our Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, this may include merchandise vendors and payment processors. It may also include companies that send communications on our behalf or help us run our Platform.
• With Third Parties for Marketing Purposes. This may include campaigns of candidates that may be of interest to you. These third parties may also share your information with others. These third parties may use your information for their own marketing purposes or the marketing purposes of others. This may include the delivery of interest-based advertising.
• With Any Successors to All or Part of Our Business. For example, if CN merges with, acquires or is acquired, or sells part of its business to another business entity. This may include an asset sale, corporate reorganization or other change of control.
• To Comply With Other Laws or To Protect Ourselves. For example, this could include responding to a court order or subpoena. It could also include sharing information if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share information when we are investigating a potential fraud. This could include fraud we think has occurred during a sweepstakes or promotion.
• For Other Reasons We May Describe to You.
CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have certain choices about how we use your information. Certain choices you make are browser and device specific.
You can opt out of receiving our marketing communications by following the instructions included with the communication. Note that you will still receive transactional messages from us, including information about your account and responses to your inquiries.
The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our Platform will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. We use reasonable means to safeguard personal information under our control. A user id and a password are needed to access certain areas of the CN Platform. It is your responsibility to protect your username and password.
STORAGE OF INFORMATION
Information we maintain may be stored in or outside of the United States. This Platform is intended for use by individuals who are located in the United States and is subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level of protections as those in your own country. If you are located outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your personal information to the United States.
Our Platform may contain links to other third party sites that are not governed by this Policy. If you click on a link to a third party site, you will be taken to a site we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices used by third party sites. We suggest that you read the privacy policies of those sites carefully. We are not responsible for these third-party sites.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions, comments or concerns with respect to our privacy practices or this Policy, or wish to update your information, please feel free to contact us at https://campaignnucleus.com
CHANGES IN POLICY
From time to time, we may change our Policy. We will notify you of any material changes to our Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our Platform. Please check our Platform periodically for updates.